RoRo shipping is the most common method of shipping heavy machinery and equipment. RoRo shipping means the unit or equipment will be Rolled On the vessel and Rolled Off the vessel. If your unit is self-propelled (wheel loader, motor grader, excavator, etc) terminal personnel will operate your unit and load it safely into the vessel.

If your unit is not self-propelled (flat-bed trailer, grain cart, etc) then your unit will be towed into the vessel. All of our RoRo shipments are stored safely below deck.

Please note, that some shipping lines will not accept non-running driveable machinery (wheel loaders, motor graders, excavators, etc).

The required documentation to ship your heavy machinery or equipment (for customs clearance) is an invoice or bill of sale from the seller. This document must show full seller and buyer information, unit year/make/model/serial number and it must show a 0 balance.

Depending on which port your unit ships out of the document will have to be notarized.

The price of ocean freight is based on the overall cubic meter of the unit. To get a price quote on shipping, please provide us with the dimensions (Length x Width x Height) and weight of the unit.

You may deliver RoRo cargo to the port yourself, but as a courtesy to ocean freight shipping we also provide transportation services from the unit’s current location to the closest port. To get a price on trucking please provide the unit’s current locations (city and zip/postal code).

All of our price quotes include the necessary charges to export your unit from the US or Canada, but do not include any destination fees.

For more information on destination fees (Import duties & taxes/import procedures) please contact the embassy/consulate of the country you are shipping to. If you are in the destination country, please contact your Customs department.

Rate this post

Leave a Reply

Important info to Ship a Car Overseas:
  • No car can leave USA if it has a lien on it. What does this mean? Your car must be paid in full. The only people who can ship a car overseas and still carry a lien on the car are US Military and Government employees/contractors. For those people a letter of authorization from the lender will need to be issued to pass US Customs. Otherwise the car may be considered stolen.
  • A clear Title of Ownership with no Liens on the Title.
  • If you bought a car new, then your name must be listed on the front of the Title as the registered owner.
  • If the vehicle has been sold, then both the Seller and Buyer have to sign the back of the Title in the spaces as detailed on the back of the Title.
  • For safety reasons, the vehicle cannot have more than a ¼ tank of gas.
Import Duty for Destination Country:
  • Import duty is NOT collected by Ship Overseas. It must be paid at the arrival port by whoever is picking up the car. We wrote a blog post about vehicle import duty here. It talks about how to find out import duty for your country.
Travel & Living Abroad:
  • Most countries will allow a traveler to temporarily import their car for up to 6 months. After the 6 months is up, import duty will be charged. For many travelers going to Europe and taking their car, a deposit is paid up front. When the car goes back to it's destination country, the deposit is refunded. If a person has lived in USA for 1 or more years, most countries will allow that person to bring their car back duty free! The car must not have any liens on it. Please check with your Customs Department first.
Share via
Contact Us on Whatsapp
Have a Question? Ask via Whatsapp
Send this to a friend