Are you getting ready for an overseas adventure? We’re clear there are several moving parts to navigating an extended trip overseas! The team at Ship Overseas Inc. has dedicated time over the last 34yrs to supporting our overseas travelers with the ease of a seamless overseas vehicle shipping process. We found that there are three very popular catalysts that will cause someone to ship their vehicle overseas…let’s explore!
The Top 3 Reasons You’ll Ship Your Vehicle Overseas:
- Long-Term Overseas Travel: Are you the person who has a burning desire to travel? Are you looking to explore new and exciting cultures from the comfort of your own vehicle? Then you are the perfect candidate to ship your vehicle overseas. While you’re taking your vehicle into new countries and new driving requirements our team will help you plan. You explore the map and we’ll guide you into the port.
- Serving Our Military: Perhaps you’ve received some new work orders and have been deployed, relocated and assigned to a new base. When shipping your vehicle overseas as an active member of the Military there are elements of that shipping process that are financed by your current base. We are proud to support Active Military and Veterans who are shipping their vehicles overseas. Our Team is here to provide an easy shipping experience, especially when shipping multiple vehicles within your shipping orders.
- Classic Car Collectors: Are you a classic car enthusiast? Would you love to have access to shipping American made classic cars overseas? Our team has the experience to support you in growing your classic car collection by providing an efficient shipping schedule as well as competitive prices for shipping your classic car overseas. Our team is also here to support with any logistics regarding vehicle taxes and tariffs applied when shipping classic cars to their destination port.
While these are three of the most popular scenarios that could have you shipping your vehicle overseas there are many additional circumstances that call for overseas vehicle shipping. Below we’ve outlined a few pieces of important information when it comes to the most popular vehicle shipping methods, most reliable overseas vehicle shipping partners, as well as some great general vehicle shipping knowledge.
The Top Shipping Methods for Shipping a Vehicle Overseas:
Within the overseas shipping industry there are a few shipping methods that have proven consistent results and earned their popularity. Here are the shipping methods the team at Shipoverseas.com has found to be the stand-outs.
- RoRo: 85%
- Container: 15%
RoRo Shipping – RoRo ships are vessels built for shipping wheeled cargo, more specifically – shipping cars and RV’s. The vehicles are driven on to the ship as if it were a floating parking garage. The name Roll-on/Roll-off derives from the fact that vehicles roll-on/roll-off the vessels’ ramp, which is how they are driven on and off the ship. Ship Overseas’ RoRo ships specialize in supporting international car shipping to Europe, Africa, Latin America and The Middle East.
Container Shipping – Container shipping means that a vehicle is shipped in a container; there is also the option to select an Exclusive Container. Within an exclusive container your vehicle will not share a shipping container with any other vehicles. This is a good option for weather protection as well as, if the vehicle owner desires to ship their personal belongings along with their vehicle.
Top Ocean Carries for Shipping Your Vehicle Overseas:
Are you looking to have the best overseas vehicle shipping experience? Of course, you are…that’s why successful shipping of your vehicle overseas requires a reliable ocean carrier. Knowing the carriers that you’re selecting for your overseas vehicle shipping is another key point to a successful shipping process. When it comes to gaining that expert knowledge around the process of overseas car shipping; if you don’t ask you won’t know. Here is the top 7 list of Ocean Carries that the team at Shipoverseas.com works with.
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen
- ACL Lines – Atlantic Container Lines
- Hoegh Auto liners
- EUKOR Car Carriers
- Crowley Liner Service
General Facts about Ocean Cargo Shipping:
We all strive for education when we are navigating different industries. Here’s some wonderful general knowledge that the team at Shipoverseas.com wanted to share about overseas ocean cargo shipping.
– Germany, Japan and Greece have the world’s biggest overseas shipping fleets.
– On average, only 2-10% of overseas shipping containers are inspected.
– Around 1.5 million seafarers are employed by the global overseas shipping industry.
– Only 2% of all seafarers are female.
– Around 33% of overseas shipping crews around the world have no means of communication while they are out on the open sea. A big thank you to our shipping crews for their willingness to trade conversation for radio silence.
Shipoverseas.com is your resource for international vehicle shipping. We are equipped to import and export cars to Europe, Africa, Latin America and The Middle East. With our 34 years of industry expertise you can trust that we deliver! Ready for an International car shipping quote, visit our website and let our team serve you https://www.shipoverseas.com/