If you need to ship a boat or yacht to Europe, Africa, Middle East or Latin America, come to Ship Overseas for a simple, streamlined experience. We are an international boat shipping company based in the USA, and have been shipping boats for clients like you for more than 34 years. So, you can rely on us for excellence in overseas shipping.
Here are five things you should know about shipping a boat overseas:
1. We Ship All Kinds of Water Craft
We ship all manner of water craft, such as:
- Jet Skis
2. We Offer Door-to-Port and Port-to-Port Services
When it comes to getting your boat ready for transport, we make it easy. We will pick up your boat at your front door and ship it to any country. Or, if you want, you can take the boat to the departure shipping port yourself and we’ll ship it to the destination port (port-to-port).
3. Choose RoRo or LoLo Shipping
There are two ways to get your boat or other watercraft onto the shipping vessel:
- RoRo Shipping: These vessels are built for shipping wheeled cargo. Your boat will be driven on to the ship almost like it was a parking garage. The name Roll-on/Roll-off stems from the practice of vehicles that roll-on/roll-off the ramp. Once loaded on the RoRo vessel, your boat will be strapped and secured to prevent movement while out at sea. The metal protector under the boat will lock into place so no slipping and sliding occurs. Also, the tires won’t be able to move because they are securely embedded in the metal protector. This method is very efficient and cost-effective, with reliable departure and arrival dates.
- LoLo Shipping: Another way to achieve International Boat Shipping is through the use of a crane, whereby your boat is lifted and secured onto the deck of a large transporter. These ships can typically make it to Europe in about 10 days. This is the fastest way to export your boat from the United States overseas, but it’s not the most cost effective due to the fact that a crane operator is needed on site, both at the departure port and destination port.
4. We Handle Customs
You will be glad to know we handle all U.S. Customs clearance here at Ship Overseas. Our staff will guide you through the entire boat shipping process, letting you know exactly which documents you will need for a successful shipment, whether you’re shipping a boat to Italy or a yacht to Saudi Arabia.
5. We Offer Marine Insurance
We offer full cover marine insurance against loss or damage to your boat, at a rate of 1.75% of the value you wish to insure for.
Have more questions about overseas boat shipping? Give us a call now at 858-547-0840.