Have you ever asked yourself, “How much does it cost to ship a car overseas?” There are many factors that go into shipping costs. In this blog post, we will share how to cut costs when shipping cars overseas. FYI, we are an international car shipping company so we know where you can cut costs.
If this blog post helps you in anyway, please click the “Like”, “Tweet”, or “+Share” button to share this story. We are trying to save you as much money as possible.
1) Don’t fill your car with gas. You’ll waste money. By law, the maximum allowed aboard the ship is 1/4 tank of gas. Anything above that will be suctioned out of the gas tank.
2) If you can, bring your car to the departure shipping port so you don’t have to pay our truck drivers. Catch a train back to your house if you live in USA.
3) Compare cost of bringing the car yourself vs us picking up your car for you if you don’t live close to a shipping dock.
4) If you are buying a car, try to buy it close to the departure port. If possible, see if the car salesman can drop the car off at the departure port for you.
5) If the car is far from the departure port, try to bring it to a trucking terminal in your city so our truck driver doesn’t have to drive so far. The less mountains, the less gas, the less money needs to be paid for trucking.
6) Try to ship your car via RoRo. If you are shipping 2 or more cars, then you’ll probably want to ship via a container. Note: By default we send the lowest shipping method cost.
7) If our truck driver has to go up mountains, expect higher costs because of gas regardless if it’s the same amount of miles as if it were flat.
8) Compare the cost of shipping vs. selling the car to buy a newer one.
There you have it. 8 ways to know the cost of shipping a car overseas. These are the most common ways to save. There are more, but it’s not very common. Don’t forget to get international car shipping rates by clicking on the big Green Button below.
If you need specific advice on what ports to buy a car from, ask below in the comments. For instance, if you need to ship to XYZ country, we will tell you what cities to buy in so you don’t get hit with vehicle transport charges.
Written by Francisco at ShipOverseas.com