Welcome to all those learning about shipoverseas.com. Over the past 34 years Ship Overseas Inc. has been dedicated to leading the industry in overseas vehicle shipping. Did you know that when we talk about overseas vehicle shipping that also included shipping heavy machinery? Yes, that’s right, Ship Overseas Inc. can support you with shipping tractors, bobcats, crawlers, loaders, forklifts, excavators, bulldozers, and even helicopters. We have created a multitude of partnerships within a variety of desirable countries. Today, we wanted to walk you through some things you’d love to know when shipping heavy machinery overseas.
Each country presents specific elements when it comes to navigating shipping heavy machinery overseas. When working with Ship Overseas Inc. to ship your heavy machinery we are here to help make this process as simple as possible. Below, you’ll find some overseas shipping hacks when it comes to the most cost-effective ways to transport your heavy machinery overseas.
- When shipping heavy machinery, you’ll want to utilize the RoRo shipping method. This allows for all heavy machinery being shipped to be rolled on and rolled off the shipping vessel.
- We ensure that all equipment is securely braced and tied to the floor of the ship, just like we would do when shipping vehicles.
- There are other shipping methods than can be used when shipping heavy machinery overseas such as container shipping or flat rack container shipping. An open container shipping method would also work and account for the variables of equipment’s height.
- Most often attempting to ship heavy machinery overseas via enclosed container shipping methods will be unsuccessful. That is due to the size of the equipment vs. the size of the containers available for enclosed shipping.
- Ship Overseas can provide professional dismantling service at additional cost if necessary, to fit equipment into a shipping container. We’ve also provided these dismantling services when shipping helicopters.
- Shipping disassembled machinery can save you the cost of the import duty fees. Since shipping disassembled machinery can be considered as shipping parts instead of fully assembled machines.
Happy that you could join our team as we share important details to support the process of shipping your heavy machinery overseas. Shipoverseas.com is proud to be your resource for international vehicle shipping. With our 34 years of industry expertise you can trust that we deliver! Ready for an International shipping quote, visit our website and let our team serve you. https://www.shipoverseas.com/