In a word: yes! We do it all the time. In fact, you can ship a wide spectrum of heavy machinery overseas, from bulldozers and tractors to forklifts and excavators. This is sometimes necessary in the construction industry, so as a result, we have built a reputation for being leaders in the heavy machinery shipping business.


Here at Ship Overseas, we ship heavy machinery to any country of your choosing, from Nigeria to Panama to Switzerland. Whether you need to ship construction equipment or farming equipment, we can get it there.


We ship the following:


  • Forklifts
  • Tractors
  • Crawlers
  • Loaders
  • Excavators
  • Bulldozers
  • Bobcats
  • Helicopters


Ship Overseas is happy to be your overseas shipping resource in USA, Europe, Africa, Latin America and the Middle East. Did you know we also provide professional dismantling services at an additional cost? This helps if you need your equipment to fit into our containers with ease.

By shipping disassembled machinery, you not only save the import duty fees, your shipment is considered “shipping parts,” instead of fully assembled machinery.

How do We Do It?


Depends on the type of machinery you have. Some things, like small tractors, can be driven right onto the ship and secured. Other types, such as cranes and elaborate construction equipment, may need to be disassembled first and placed into containers. We will discuss this when you call us for a quote.


When shipping heavy machinery, our main method of transport is via RoRo shipping: meaning each machine can be driven on and off the ship for the most cost effective and efficient means of transport. We tie down all heavy machines below deck for optimal protection against external elements. Compared with container shipping, RoRo provides reliable departure and arrival dates. RoRo shipping is the preferred shipping method for heavy machinery manufacturers when they want to ship their own equipment for sale overseas.


Do You Need Marine Insurance?


We strongly suggest you do. The seas can get rough, especially during hurricane season from June to November, and damage could happen. It’s rare, but do you really want to leave that up to chance? Especially if you have expensive construction or farming machinery?


We highly recommend that you insure your heavy machinery cargo with marine insurance, on a first dollar basis for losses incurred in transit. This is why we offer full coverage marine insurance to protect against loss or damage from the time your heavy machinery is loaded onto the vessel for shipment at a rate of 1.75% of the value you wish to insure for.


If you are ready to begin the process of shipping your heavy machinery overseas, start with a free quote now!

Leave a Reply

Important info to Ship a Car Overseas:
  • No car can leave USA if it has a lien on it. What does this mean? Your car must be paid in full. The only people who can ship a car overseas and still carry a lien on the car are US Military and Government employees/contractors. For those people a letter of authorization from the lender will need to be issued to pass US Customs. Otherwise the car may be considered stolen.
  • A clear Title of Ownership with no Liens on the Title.
  • If you bought a car new, then your name must be listed on the front of the Title as the registered owner.
  • If the vehicle has been sold, then both the Seller and Buyer have to sign the back of the Title in the spaces as detailed on the back of the Title.
  • For safety reasons, the vehicle cannot have more than a ¼ tank of gas.
Import Duty for Destination Country:
  • Import duty is NOT collected by Ship Overseas. It must be paid at the arrival port by whoever is picking up the car. We wrote a blog post about vehicle import duty here. It talks about how to find out import duty for your country.
Travel & Living Abroad:
  • Most countries will allow a traveler to temporarily import their car for up to 6 months. After the 6 months is up, import duty will be charged. For many travelers going to Europe and taking their car, a deposit is paid up front. When the car goes back to it's destination country, the deposit is refunded. If a person has lived in USA for 1 or more years, most countries will allow that person to bring their car back duty free! The car must not have any liens on it. Please check with your Customs Department first.
Send this to a friend