As an International Car Shipping Company based in the United States, we specialize in shipping cars overseas to Spain. We have been shipping cars to Spain for over 25 years. If your car is far away from one of the shipping ports, we can arrange one of our car transporters to meet with you (or the designated person) to pick up your car and deliver it to the shipping port. Many of our customers find this to be cost effective. This article will cover: Arrival and Departure Ports, Tax Info, Car Shipping Methods and when to use them. There are two car shipping methods to send your car overseas.
1) RoRo Car Shipping Method
This is an excellent car shipping method for anyone looking to ship one car. Your car must be in decent mechanical condition because it has to drive up and down the ramp without assistance (as illustrated above). When shipping a car to Spain using the RoRo method, you cannot have any items inside the car except for the jack and the spare tire. Once your car is on the ship, it will be blocked and braced onto the ships deck to prevent slipping and sliding.
|Shipping Car to Spain via RoRo – Departure Ports in USA|
|Long Beach, CA||Galveston, TX||Jacksonville, FL||Brunswick, GA|
|Charleston, SC||Savannah, GA||Baltimore, MD||Newark, NJ|
2) Container Shipping
One great advantage of using the container shipping method is you can ship your personal belongings as well. You would have to make an itemized list of all your belongings along with the values. You can ship multiple cars, household items or other products.
Here is more information on container shipping with personal possessions.
You can use either a shared container or get a full container. This will depend on what you are shipping. If you want to find out the best rates, go ahead and click the green “Get Rates” button to fill out the quote form.
Marine Insurance is offered to prevent loss or damage to you car. It is available for container and RoRo shipping methods.
|Shipping Car to Spain via Container – Departure Ports|
|Long Beach, CA||Houston, TX||Savannah, GA||Newark, NJ|
|Arrival Ports in Spain:|
- - Contact the Spanish Embassy in the USA to get the latest tax information at 1-202-452-0100
- - If you are a tourist and wish to take your vehicle to Spain you will be allowed to do this but will only be allowed to keep the vehicle in Spain for 6 months and then will have to ship it out again. This can be renewed with special permission or if you are a student on a study visa.
- - Returning citizens or people who have been granted working or resident Visas can import their vehicles as long as they have owned the vehicles for 6 months or more and they will be able to register the vehicle free of custom taxes. An application to the Spanish Embassy to obtain a NIE number must be made before shipping.
- - Vehicles may have to modified to meet European Standards. Front and Rear Light conversion from Red to Orange will have to be made.
- - If new cars are imported a 28% Import Duty and 14.75% matriculation tax is payable.
- - Shipping is available from West and East Coast ports in both Roll on roll off vessels and in Containers when required.
Embassy of Spain in USA
2375 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20037
Why choose us over the competition?
We have a solid track record and are an Accredited Company registered with the Better Business Bureau. Click the BBB image to the left to validate our A+ Accreditation. When shipping a car, an owner should only work with a BBB Accredited business.
We are registered with the FMC (Federal Maritime Commission). Click the image to the left and Select “Organization Name” and type in “Ship Overseas”. Here is proof of our FMC Certification (also known as a NVOCC License). Never use an international car shipping company who cannot prove they are certified with the Federal Government.
If you found this information useful, PLEASE help us out by sharing our site using one of the social media buttons below.
We would greatly appreciate it!
now, Email Us or Call 1-858-547-0840 Mon-Fri 7:00AM-4:30PM PST. If after-hours, just leave a message.
If you have any questions regarding shipping a car to Spain, please feel free to ask below.