Shipping a Car to Italy from USA
We are an international car shipping company specializing in shipping cars to Italy and the rest of EU. We have been shipping cars to Italy for over 25 years. This page will give you information on: Car Shipping Methods and it's advantages, Tax, Documents needed, Departure Ports in US, Arrival Ports in Italy. You can get a FREE QUOTE by clicking the green "Get Rates" button to see how much it costs to ship a car to Italy. This quote will depend on where your car currently is in the USA and what type of vehicle it is. If you need us to pick up your car, we will arrange one of our car transport trucks to meet you or the designated person and bring it to the shipping port. PLEASE click "Like", "Tweet", or "G+" if our website helped you in anyway. It lets us know we are doing a good job.
Important: Our competitors cannot compete with our pricing because of our relationship with the US Military. This allows anyone to take advantage of our low pricing on our shipping line destined for Italy.
RoRo Ship - If you are shipping one or two cars, RoRo shipping is the most cost effective and safest way to ship a car to Italy. This method of shipping a car to Italy is simple. The car must be able to start on it's own and drive up & down the ramp. There is plenty of room for large sized vehicles. Once the car is aboard the ship, it is blocked and braced to the ship's deck with straps. This is to prevent it from slipping and sliding while at sea. The only things allowed in the car are the jack and spare tire. Nothing else is permitted to be inside the car.
|Shipping Car to Italy via RoRo - Departure Ports in USA|
|Tacoma, WA||Long Beach, CA||Galveston, TX||Brunswick, GA||Jacksonville, FL|
|Charleston, SC||Baltimore, MD||Newport News, VA||Portsmouth, VA||Newark, NJ|
Shipping Car to Italy - Container Ship (Shared & Full)
Use of this car shipping method should be used if the owner is shipping additional items besides a car, like household items. You may load your personal belongings inside the car when using container shipping. Here is more info on personal belongings on container ships. You can either ship your car via full or shared containers. By filling out the QUOTE FORM, we will tell you what method is the best and least expensive. You can get a shared container whereby it will be shared with someone else or a full container which is exclusively for one person.
|Cargo Ship Departure Ports for FULL Container Shipping:|
|Oakland, CA||Long Beach, CA||Houston, TX||Miami, FL|
|Savannah, GA||Charleston, SC
|Cargo Ship Departure Ports for SHARED Container Shipping|
|Long Beach, CA||Houston, TX||Miami, FL|
|Shipping Car to Italy - Arrival Ports|
Important Information when Shipping Car to Italy:
- Non Italians who are able to get residence in Italy may import one car duty free provided proof of ownership for at least one year can be proven.
- Returning Italian Citizens must have lived away from Italy for more than 18 months in order to qualify to import a vehicle duty free.
- There are restrictions for importing vehicles that are over 2000cc in engine size.
- New Vehicles are discouraged.
- Marine Insurance is available to protect your car from loss or damage.
Documents & Info Needed to Ship a Car to Italy
- An Original Title of the vehicle you are shipping will be needed. The Title must be free & clear of any liens. You will need a dock receipt.
- If you are an active duty military personnel & there's currently a lien on the Title, an Original Notarized Lien Authorization Letter PLUS 3 Notarized copies of the title (front and back) from the lien holder will be needed or an Electronic Title along with your military orders is needed. You will also need a dock receipt.
- If you are only shipping one car to Italy, most likely RoRo shipping is best. Only the jack and spare tire are permitted in the car when using RoRo shipping. Absolutely no items are permitted in the vehicle. Your vehicle must be in good working condition.
Italy Taxes and Fees
- Contact the Italian Embassy in the US for the latest tax information.
- All tax & fees are to be paid by at the arrival port by you or the designated person.
- It is approximately 135€ to offload your vehicle if you are shipping by RoRo. It is to be paid at the arrival port.
- If you are shipping a car to Italy and your final destination is another country, you will be charged 30% tax on the value of the vehicle. This is refundable once you register your car in the destination country. If you are a Italian citizen, you will pay 10% customs taxes + 19% VAT. This will not apply if you can show residence out of Italy for more than one year.
- All US military personnel must obtain special military Tags from the officer in charge of transport before picking up the vehicle. This will exempt them from paying taxes. These are the tags that are on the bottom driver-side windshield
- If you are a tourist staying for a while, your 30% tax will be refunded once the car is shipped back to the country of origin; in this case, USA.
|Clear Title|| Pay Duty Tax
|| Destination Country
| Private Person
||Yes||Yes|| Italy or Any EU Country
|US Military Personnel|| No
||Italy or Any EU Country|
| American Tourist
||Yes||Refundable|| Car Must Return to US
Many visitors to this site haven't purchased a car. If you need Ship Overseas to help you buy you car, learn about our Vehicle Purchase Assistance Program. It takes the "scary" out of buying vehicles over the internet.
Why choose us over the competition?
We have a solid track record and are an Accredited Company registered with the Better Business Bureau. Click the BBB image to the left to validate our A+ Accreditation. When shipping a car, an owner should only work with a BBB Accredited business.
We are registered with the FMC (Federal Maritime Commission). Click the image to the left and Select "Organization Name" and type in "Ship Overseas". Here is proof of our FMC Certification (also known as a NVOCC License). Never use an international car shipping company who cannot prove they are certified with the Federal Government.
If you found this information useful, PLEASE help us out by sharing our site using one of the social media buttons below.
We would greatly appreciate it!
now, Email Us or Call 1-858-547-0840 Mon-Fri 7:00AM-4:30PM PST. If after-hours, just leave a message.
If you have any questions regarding shipping a car to Italy, please feel free to ask below.