We have over 26 years of experience shipping cars to Germany from USA and Canada. The city of Bremerhaven is the arrival port when shipping a car to Germany. To find out how inexpensive it is to ship a car to Germany, click the BIG GREEN “Get Rates” button above. If your car is not near one of the departure ports in USA, shown below, we can pick up your car for you. If you are close to the departure port in USA, take the car yourself and save the money. One last thing, the reviews are from actual paying customers. Click on the yellow stars to read them. PLEASE “Like”, “Tweet”, or “G+” if our website helped you in anyway. It lets us know we are providing you a good experience.
Important: Our competitors cannot compete with our pricing because of our relationship with the US Military. This allows anyone to take advantage of our low pricing on our shipping lines destined for Germany. Military personnel & their dependents are welcome!
2 Car Shipping Methods
1) RoRo Car Shipping to Germany (Roll on Roll off) – Shipping a car to Germany is very simple when using the RoRo method. Use this method if you are only shipping one car and nothing else. The car you are shipping must be able to start on it’s own without any mechanical assistance. In addition, it must make its way up the ramp of the RoRo ship. There is a lot of room for larger vehicles like trucks and campers. Once the car is on the ship, it is blocked and braced to the ship’s deck with straps. This is to prevent it from slipping and sliding while crossing the ocean. RoRo shipping is the most cost effective and safest way to ship a car to Germany. Nothing is permitted inside the vehicle except for the spare tire and jack. The table below shows the departure ports for RoRo car shipping to Germany. If the vehicle is close to one of these ports, take it yourself or designate someone to take it for you, otherwise we can pick it up for you anywhere in the US.
|RoRo Ship Departure Ports|
|Tacoma, WA||Long Beach, CA||Galveston, TX||Brunswick, GA||Jacksonville, FL|
|Charleston, SC||Baltimore, MD||Newport News, VA||Portsmouth, VA||Newark, NJ|
2) Container Car Shipping to Germany – This is an alternative method when shipping a car to Germany. Use this method if you are shipping items inside to your car. Shipping by container is a great way to ship many things overseas. When shipping your car in a container, the container will most likely be shared with another car. Since a container needs to be filled with cars, you may have to wait longer until other cars arrive to fill the shared container. You can rent out the whole container and use the other half to transport other things. This method of car shipping is a bit more expensive than RoRo, but you can move all your belongings. Unlike the RoRo method, you can ship items inside the vehicle. Everything must be itemized along with their values. Below are the departure shipping ports for Germany. Like RoRo ports, take the car if you are close to the port and save the money.
|Cargo Ship Departure Ports for FULL Container Shipping|
|Oakland, CA||Long Beach, CA||Houston, TX||Miami, FL|
|Savannah, GA||Charleston, SC||Newark, NJ|
|Cargo Ship Departure Ports for SHARED Container Shipping|
|Long Beach, CA||Houston, TX||Miami, FL|
|Charleston, SC||Newark, NJ|
- You will need the original title of the vehicle you are looking to ship. The title must be free and clear of any liens, unless the owner of the car is in the US military. You will also need a dock receipt.
- If you are an active military personnel and there is a lien on the Title, then an Original Notarized Lien Authorization Letter PLUS 3 Notarized copies of the title (front and back), or an Electronic Title, with your military orders is needed. You will also need a dock receipt
- Absolutely no items are permitted in the vehicle. Your vehicle must be in good working condition. Jack and spare tire only are permitted.
- US military members usually pick up their vehicles and drive it to their bases. Private people sometimes drive the vehicles to their destinations or pick up the car from the port in Bremerhaven.
- Contact the nearest German Consulate to find out the the current tax rates! Since this rate is a percentage, it is going to differ on the value of the car. US Military personnel don’t need to call. Alternatively you can contact them in Washington, DC.
German Embassy Washington, DC
2300 M Street NW Washington DC 20037 Phone: 202-298-4000
- Tax and fees are payable at the arrival destination port.
- It is approximately 135 Euros to offload your vehicle if you are using a RoRo ship. This is payable upon pickup of the vehicle.
- When shipping a car to Germany as a private person and your final destination is another country, you will be charged 30% tax on the value of the vehicle. This is refundable once you register your car in your country. If you are a German citizen, you will pay 10% customs taxes + 19% VAT. This will not apply if you can show residence out of Germany for more than one year. If vehicle owned by the German citizen is not owned for 6 months and residency is out of Germany for one year, then duty is payable.
- All US military personnel must obtain special military Tags from the officer in charge of transport before picking up the vehicle. These are the stickers that go on the bottom driver-side of the windshield. This will exempt military personnel from paying taxes.
- If you are a tourist, your 30% tax will be refunded once the car is shipped back to the United States.
|Clear Title||Pay Duty Tax||Destination Country|
|Private Person||Yes||Yes||Germany or Any EU Country|
|US Military Personnel||No||No||Germany or Any EU Country|
|American Tourist||Yes||Refundable||Car Must Return to US|
Why choose us over the competition?
We have a solid track record and are an Accredited Company registered with the Better Business Bureau. Click the BBB image to the left to validate our A+ Accreditation. When shipping vehicles to Germany, an owner should only work with a BBB Accredited business.
We are registered with the FMC (Federal Maritime Commission). Click the image to the left and Select “Organization Name” and type in “Ship Overseas”. Here is proof of our FMC Certification (also known as a NVOCC License). Never use an international car shipping company who cannot prove they are certified with the Federal Government.
If you found this information useful, PLEASE help us out by sharing our site using one of the social media buttons below.
We would greatly appreciate it!