Shipping Car to Belgium from USA
As an International Car Shipping company, we have been shipping cars to Belgium and the rest of Europe for over 25 years. This article will cover: Two Car Shipping Methods & when they should be used, Departure Ports from USA, Arrival Ports in Belgium, Important Tax Information, Documents Needed to Ship a Car to Belgium. You can also get a FREE Car Shipping Quote to see how much it costs! If your car is not near any of the departure ports in the USA, we can arrange for one of our truck transporters to meet with you, or the designated person, to bring your car to the shipping docks. If this applies to you, using our transport trucks are normally cheaper than doing it yourself because you don't pay for gas, hotel, food and a plane ticket back to your house (let alone using your vacation days).
Important: Our competitors cannot compete with our pricing because of our relationship with the US Military. This allows anyone to take advantage of our low pricing on our shipping line which sails to Belgium, Germany & UK. Also, if the Instant Quote below helps you out in any way, PLEASE click "Like", "Tweet", or "G+". It will let us know we are providing good value to you.
This is only an approximation. To get accurate costs INCLUDING trucking to the nearest USA port, click the green "GET RATES" button.
1) RoRo (Roll on Roll Off):
The RoRo car shipping method should be used if a person is shipping only one or two cars. This method is normally the cheapest and safest way to ship a car to Belgium from the US. You car must be in good working order and cannot use any mechanical assistance to drive up and down the ramp. You can ship many types of vehicles both large and small. Illustrated above is the ramp of one of our shipping lines. Once the car is aboard the ship, it will be braced and strapped to the ship's deck. This will prevent it from moving while the ship rocks at sea. Marine insurance is available to reduce risk of loss. If one chooses to utilize the RoRo car shipping method, nothing is permitted to be inside the vehicle except for the jack and spare tire.
|Shipping Car to Belgium via RoRo - Departure ports|
|Tacoma, WA||Long Beach, CA||Galveston, TX||Jacksonville, FL||Brunswick, GA|
|Charleston, SC||Newport News, VA||Portsmouth, VA||Baltimore, MD||Newark, NJ|
|Shipping Car to Belgium via RoRo - Arrival Ports|
2) Container Shipping:
Another common method when shipping a car to Belgium is using a container ship. This car shipping method should be used if a person wants to ship their belongings either inside the car or within the container. If someone is moving and needs to ship household items like furniture, then Exclusive Container should meet the needs. If a person is looking to ship a few cars at once, this may be a better choice (depending on how many cars you will ship).
|Shipping Car Belgium via Container Ship - Departure Ports|
|Oakland, CA||Long Beach, CA||Houston, TX||Newark, NJ|
|Miami, FL||Savannah, GA||Charleston, SC|
Shipping Car Belgium via Container - Arrival Ports
|Antwerp||(Great agents at this port)|
Belgium is a great place to have your car shipped to. There are many good agents there who will help you once your car arrives to the shipping port.
Duty Tax, Fees, Docs & more info:
- Contact the Belgium Embassy in the United States to find out the latest tax information. If you are currently in Belgium, contact the import offices there to find out duty tax.
- Original Title of Ownership is required. No liens can be on the title.
- Dock Receipt must be presented at the arrival port. This will be obtained from the freight forwarder.
- Roll on Roll off (RoRo) ships do not allow any items in the vehicle except a jack and spare tire. Car must be in good running condition
- All European residents and American Tourist entering Belgium will be subject to taxes of 30% of the value of the car. The value is determined by KBB (Kelly Blue Book). This is a holding deposit and is refundable after the car is registered in the European Union (for European residents) or when the car is shipped back to the US (for American Tourist). This is done to prevent people from escaping normal taxes.
- The normal import taxes are 10% tax + 19% VAT Tax. The only time this is waived is when the customer has been living in the US for more than one year and is returning to their country with their property.
- Click the green button below to find out exactly what it costs to ship a car to Belgium!
|Clear Title|| Pay Duty Tax
|| Destination Country
| Private Person
||Yes||Yes|| Belgium or Any EU Country
| American Tourist
||Yes||Refundable|| Car Must Return to US
If you haven't purchased your car yet and need Ship Overseas to help you buy it over the internet, we urge you to learn about our Vehicle Purchase Assistance Program. It will take the "scary" out of buying vehicles over the internet.
Why choose us over the competition?
We have a solid track record and are an Accredited Company registered with the Better Business Bureau. Click the BBB image to the left to validate our A+ Accreditation. When shipping a car, an owner should only work with a BBB Accredited business.
We are registered with the FMC (Federal Maritime Commission). Click the image to the left and Select "Organization Name" and type in "Ship Overseas". Here is proof of our FMC Certification (also known as a NVOCC License). Never use an international car shipping company who cannot prove they are certified with the Federal Government.
If you found this information useful, PLEASE help us out by sharing our site using one of the social media buttons below.
We would greatly appreciate it!
now, Email Us or Call 1-858-547-0840 Mon-Fri 7:00AM-4:30PM PST. If after-hours, just leave a message.
If you have any questions regarding shipping a car to Belgium, please feel free to ask below.